Understanding where you are in the procedural history of a case can help you better understand its disposition. When you are lost, look up your case on Westlaw, hit the History tab and bask in the glow of enlightenment. If you’re not sure how to outline your memo, jury instructions can help by explaining a cause of action, outlining the essential elements of a claim and providing relevant primary law all in one spot.
- In the ‘lower house’ politicians are elected to represent smaller constituencies.
- No man knew what his water rights were until they had been lawed over, and lawed over, and lawed over again.
- Leverage the Law School’s extensive support and resources to jump-start your career in legal academia.
- Land law forms the basis for most kinds of property law, and is the most complex.
- The fundamental constitutional principle, inspired by John Locke, holds that the individual can