It’s never too late to get your car looking like new. Whether you’re a professional detailer or not, there are some easy ways to clean up your ride that will make it look like you just drove it off the lot. We’ve scoured the web and compiled some of the best auto detailing hacks, tips, and tricks to show you how to get your vehicle looking new. Give it a try on your own; we guarantee you’ll be as pleased as punch as you watch it transform before your eyes!
This guide is for car owners who want to look at a freshly detailed vehicle but don’t know where to start. Exterior and interior detailing can be expensive and time-consuming if you hire professionals or do it all independently. But there are some things you can do yourself that will make the process much easier and cheaper. Professional detailers can also use these detailing hacks, tips, and tricks. And if you don’t have the time or patience for a full-car detail, follow these steps to give your ride a quick touch-up between washes.
Yes, you can steam clean your car without a steamer. This unique and effective deep cleaning method is affordable and very easy to perform on your own car. This hack will effectively clean the top of the carpet fibers, leaving them clean and sanitized. All you’ll need for this hack is a few rags (t-shirts work great), an old spray bottle or two filled with wash water soap (or any shampoo).
- Spay your entire vehicle down with the watered-down soap mixture from top to bottom.
- Take one of your rags and start wiping the soap off the vehicle – top to bottom. As you begin rubbing your rag on the surface, more dirt and other surface contaminants will begin to appear on it.
- Repeat this process over the entire car.
- By the time you are finished, your car should be quite dirty with all of that nasty dirt!
- Take another wet rag and wipe off the soap residue left behind by the first step. This will leave your vehicle squeaky clean!
Believe it or not, there’s an easy way to clean dirty wheels without using expensive cleaning products. All you need for this hack is: An old detailing brush or toothbrush, soap (or car shampoo)
Procedure: Scrub all of the filth and grime out of your wheels using an old toothbrush. While you’re doing this, the color in your wheels will begin to return to its vibrant state. Following that, take a final rinse with water to remove any remaining soap residue and bring back the shine of your clean car’s finish.
If you are looking for an easy way to make your car look shiny and new again, waxing is always a great option.
- Fill a bucket with warm water.
- Apply car wax generously to the vehicle with either your hands or an electric buffer with a wool bonnet.
- Dip a microfiber towel into the bucket and wring it out until it is damp.
- Start wiping your vehicle down using circular motions.
- Once you’ve covered the entire car, dip another clean towel into the bucket and wipe off any excess wax.
That’s it! Your car should look shiny and new in no time.
Detailing Tools needed: Wax Electric buffer with wool bonnet Rinse bucket Towels / Microfiber towels.
The long winter is finally over, and it’s time to get your car ready for summer. You may not want to spend a lot of money paying a car detailer, but you can save some cash if you do the work yourself with these detailing tips:
- Start your car wash with a gentle soap that won’t strip off any wax or sealant layers that might be on the car paint finish or painted surface.
- Follow up by filling a bucket with water and adding a few drops of soap, then use a soft bristle brush to wash away any dirt from hard-to-reach areas.
- Rinse the soap mixture using clean water from the hose, then dry the vehicle thoroughly with a microfiber cloth.
- For 15 minutes, clean your floor mats. Clean the carpet and leather upholstery for 45 minutes with a carpet and upholstery cleaner.
- Remove any excess water using a chamois, then use a different cloth to apply a carnauba wax or sealant.
- Use a power washer to clean the undercarriage and wheel cleaner for wheel wells, then finish off by vacuuming out any dirt from the car’s interior to make the car cleaning process more effective.
- Allow everything to dry, then use a vacuum cleaner on the interior surfaces such as carpet and upholstery before polishing the windows.
- Use toothpaste with baking soda to remove the car’s paint scratches and restore a glossy finish to the paint.
- Take your automobile out to direct sunlight on a lengthy drive after you’ve finished detailing it to allow the wax or sealant to dry thoroughly.
- To be able to reduce the risk of swirl marks, make sure you rinse your sponge regularly during washing.
- Use a detailing clay bar to take extra care of your car paint & remove minor scratches, you need to use a clay bar to detail your car paint.
The car detailing hacks shared here are intended for car enthusiasts who want to learn how to get their car looking new. But they can also contact professionals out of a bind when time is short, and the car gets dirty again the next day or weekend. We’ve given you some car detailing hacks, tips, and tricks to make car care easier for you. If you’re searching for a Car Detailing Gig Harbor WA that provides car detailing services, ceramic coating, and vehicle paint correction, look no further. You can also hire car detailers to come to your home or office for mobile car detailing services. Any car detailing tips that you find in this guide are just pointers to get you started taking care of your car. But car detailing is a broad topic, and to fully understand car care, you should look into your car’s owner’s manual to find out what car detailing products and services it needs.